2019 ATA Hero Scholarship
This year, the ATA presents the inauguration of the America Tennis Association’s Future Hero Scholarship. We invite all graduating ATA Juniors, with plans to attend an HBCU to apply.
This award will provide a $1,500 scholarship to an ATA Junior in recognition of their leadership in the community and their dedication to the game of tennis. The Scholarship will be renewable for up to 3 years, providing an additional $500 each year.
The ATA 2019 Future Hero Scholarship criteria are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
2. Applicant must have played as a player in the ATA Nationals.
3. Applicant must possess a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 system.
4. All recipients must be full-time students.
5. Applicants must be pursuing a college degree at an HBCU
Interested applicants can click here to access our scholarship tool and apply. The first step will be to create an account, once an account is established applicants will see the scholarship application.
Applications are due July 15th, 2019, and will require:
• A copy of High School Transcript (unofficial copies will be accepted)
Two (2) letters of recommendations:
One from a tennis coach
One from a reference (cannot be a relative)
• Documentation of acceptance at the HBCU
• Personal Photo
We are excited about this opportunity and will announce our winner at the National Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
If you have any questions, please contact me at Raaron@yourata.org